Don’t worry I am not actually going to talk about everything in my pantry! Just a little family staple called NUTELLA. Growing up I had never heard of this chocolaty goodness (SO deprived!) It was just another added benefit to marrying my husband.We do buy it in Costco size proportions….Hey one never knows when a natural disaster might occur and this stuff is gold. Nutella is a Perfect addition to homemade crepe Sunday breakfasts, on toasts/breads, in homemade ice cream recipes, in toasted peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and now with rice Krispy treats. And it’s healthy because it is technically hazelnut spread with a “hint” of cocoa. I know who am I kidding, but everything in moderation right? We made these last night for Family Night and success!
NUTELLA RICE KRISPY TREATS
6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
1 cup Nutella
(TOPPING INGREDIENTS BELOW)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup Nutella
1 Tbsp. shortening
- Put 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows together until smooth.
- Once marshmallows and butter have melted together add Nutella and stir until well combined. (DO NOT OVER COOK THIS or it will be very hard)
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir to coat evenly. Press into a greased pan.
- To make topping, heat Nutella, chocolate chips and shortening in a medium sauce pan over medium-medium low heat until smooth. Spread over the top of Rice Krispy Treats.
- Stick in the fridge and let it set. Once they have set, cut into them and have a yum fest! (Leave them out of the fridge once set or they will be too hard)